Having great logo design ideas are essential. A logo is the face of a company. It helps in creating an image of the company in the mind of the customer. It is one of the most important aspect of business marketing because for creating a public perception of the company. A great logo design is simple, presents your business values and strengths and is easy to remember. So, in order to have a great logo design, it is really important to have a logo design idea that is relevant to your business.
Generating a logo design idea is not as tough. While there are no hard and fast rules to create a logo, there are some things you can follow to have a great logo design idea for your business. We have created a guide that can help you get inspiration for a great logo design idea.
Consider the following logo design principles:
While there can be many great logo design ideas for a business, but most of them follow basic design principles: Simplicity, Memorability, Appropriateness, Versatility and Timeless.
- Simplicity: Nothing beats simplicity in a logo. A simple logo speaks volumes about your business. Simple logos work so well because they look minimalistic, create an impact and are easy to remember. One of the greatest example that signifies the importance of simplicity is the renowned Apple logo.
- Memorability: A great logo is easy to remember by the customer. Memorability gives your brand familiarity and increased your brand recall value. Simplicity and Memorability go hand in hand. If a logo is simple, it’s memorable.
- Appropriateness: Logos should be relevant. Appropriateness in a logo is a key factor in determining the use of the logo to target the audience which is relevant to your business.
- Versatility: Versatility in a logo means that it performs the same way across all platforms. Brand messaging is one of the most important aspect of a custom logo design and it should be versatile enough to convey the same message across different platforms.
- Timeless: A logo should never go out of style. Timeless logos make a brand more trustable and distinguishable than others. It helps in creating a better relationship with existing customers and builds trust in a potential customer.
Developing Logo Design Ideas
Now that we know the basic Design Principles, let us get in the process of actually doing it! Let us help you develop a great logo design ideas. Read some of our thoughts and advices to generate a logo design idea that is great for your business:
1. Write Down Your Ideas
2. Get a clear Idea of Branding
3. Sketching logo design Ideas
4. Try Visual Exercises
5. Get Feedback
6. Overcoming Creative Block
1. Write Down Your Logo Design Ideas:
Great logo design ideas are developed when brainstorming is done effectively. Let all your ideas out, don’t hold back. Write down all the ideas that you come up with. Even if you think they are not up to the mark, just write them down.
You may never know where the inspiration might strike from. Once you have come up with a list of several ideas, stop and go through it once again. Try to analyse the pros and cons of each design and work your way from up there.
2. Get a Clear Idea of Branding:
Branding is one of the major key functions of a logo. Your logo should clearly convey your branding message to your customer. So, in order to come up with a great logo design inspiration, you need to have a clear idea of the branding that you want to showcase in your logo design.
If you are not clear about the branding, try to make a list of adjectives that describes your strengths, and the way you want your brand to be seen. Choose some of the qualities of your business and try to present them in your logo design idea.
3. Sketching logo design Ideas:
This might be one of the most entertaining and creative aspect of getting logo design idea. Sketching! Try to put some of your design ideas on paper by sketching them.
Just like writing your ideas, don’t hold back in sketching. Your inspiration can strike anytime and from any idea. So don’t worry about bad sketching, it’s about getting your designs ideas on paper more than anything.
4. Try Visual Exercises:
If you think you need to work on your imagination skills, you can choose to do some visual exercises to help you visualise your ideas better. You try word and picture mapping exercises to come up with great logo design ideas.
Start by writing a word that describes your brand in the middle of a paper. Now, start adding words that can be associated with that word. Similarly, you can also do the same exercise using pictures instead of words to help you with better visualization.
5. Get Feedback for your logo design ideas:
Feedbacks are always are a great idea. Feedbacks tell you if you are on the right path. So if you are not so sure about some logo design ideas, let them out the next time when you are among friends or family. Talking about your design ideas would really open opportunities to view your ideas from a fresh perspective. So don’t hesitate about getting a feedback.
6. Overcoming Creative Block:
Creative blocks are the worst thing a creative person can have. It’s a time in your life where you feel stuck and not moving forward in terms of creativity. Sometimes we just don’t get that motivation to do the things we like to do.
While it is perfectly normal, it is really important to overcome the creative block. Stop doing everything, get up and start making a cup of coffee, or go for a walk.
Do something that makes you happy. After sometime, get back to the designing board and try to have a look at your ideas form a different perspective.
So, now that you know how to generate the perfect logo idea, you are all set to develop a logo design idea that is truly yours! However, if you feel you’re still not sure about your design idea and think you need a professional opinion, we at Designfier can help you out with that.
Book a design consultation with our outstanding designers and get a professional feedback for your logo design idea in no time!