Social Media Image Sizes: Ultimate Cheat Sheet
Social media image sizes matters a lot in overall branding and marketing. So if we want the optimized social media images, we must know what are the recommended image sizes for each social network.
Before scrolling down, look at these data:
- This article says that human brain processes images in just 13 thousandths of a second and that it processes an image 60,000 times faster than text.
- We usually retain 80% of what we see and only 20% of what we read.
- The tweets pictures may have 35% more interaction as indicated here
- According to Kissmetrics study , images on Facebook get 53% more likes, 104% more comments, and 84% more clicks.
Do you see why it is so important to know the correct image sizes on social networks?
Images comprise a majority of content on Social Media. Now that everyone is using social media, people share tremendous amounts of pictures on a daily basis. Well, despite the fact that more and more people are using social media, the attention span of people on social media has been reduced to fewer than 9 seconds.
So, in order to get good engagement for your brand, you need to create attractive content along with highly optimized social media image sizes. Now, an image can be shared through a lot of ways on social media using different specifications which is always changing.
So, to save your time and effort to look for social media image sizes all over the internet, we have simply created a cheat sheet for all social media image sizes.
This social media image sizes cheat sheet contains updated information for major social media platforms and will be constantly updated for any future changes.
A complete cheat sheet for most recent social media image sizes
1. Facebook Image Sizes
Facebook is a widely used social media platform. It has almost 2.50 Billion monthly active users. It provides a lot of options for you to share various kinds of images. There are a lot of variations through which you can share images. The main reason for such variations of image size options is because of the variety of devices it supports.
People can either use a mobile application or a PC browser to access Facebook which have different orientations. Phones have a vertical look while PCs have a more horizontal look. So there is a need for such varied image size options so that your images looks good.
Get Stunning Facebook Cover Design only at $49
The Cheat Sheet for Facebook Image sizes is as follows:
Facebook cover photo size:
- For desktop: 820 x 312 pixels
- For mobile: 640 x 360 pixels
Pro Tips: For cover photo, you can use a cover size of 820 x 360 and put important elements in a safe zone that is 640 x 312.
Facebook profile photo size:
- For desktop: More than or equal to 180 x 180 pixels
- For mobile: More than or equal to 140 x 140 pixels
- Facebook banner dimensions: 1200 x 630 pixels
- Link/Update image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Facebook event cover image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
Facebook group cover photo size:
- For desktop: 1640 x 662 pixels
- For mobile: 1640 x 859 pixels
Get Logo & Social Media Pack!(COMBO)
Starting from $249
2. Twitter Image Sizes
Twitter is a platform that has a 280 characters limit to post daily updates along with or without images. The 280 characters limit was a result of people wanting to go beyond the 140 characters limit. Also, the posts are called tweets on Twitter. The maximum file size is 10 mb. and only 4 images can be used per tweet.
The Cheat Sheet for Twitter Image sizes is as follows:
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400 pixels (file size must be less than 2 MB)
- Twitter cover photo size: 1500 x 500 pixels (file size must be less than 5 MB)
- Shared image: 900 x 450 pixels
- In-stream photo size: 440 x 220 pixels
Get a professional Twitter Header Design Today.
3. LinkedIn Image Sizes
LinkedIn is a networking platform created to help you form professional connections and move ahead in your career. It is a great place to have professional conversations, get jobs and information about various companies and their people. There are user profiles and companies on LinkedIn pages. You can stand out by using a creative cover image along with a professional looking profile picture.
The Cheat Sheet for LinkedIn Image sizes is as follows:
- Personal profile:
- Profile photo: 400 x 400 pixels
- Cover image: 1584 x 396 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 4:1
- Company page
- Logo size: 300 x 300 pixels (min); 400 x 400 pixels (max); File size: 4 MB (max)
- Cover image: 1584 x 768 pixels
- Blog post image: 1350 x 440 pixels
Looking for a professional LinkedIn Cover Design for your business? Check It Out Here
4. Pinterest Image Sizes
Pinterest is a collection of images and boards used to get referral traffic and image inspirations. To maintain consistency you can optimise your Pinterest page regularly. Your profile picture should be relatable and you should post consistently to stand out on Pinterest. The supported file types are JPG and PNG.
The Cheat Sheet for Pinterest Image sizes is as follows:
- Profile image: 165 x 165 pixels
- Pin size: 236 pixels x Adjustable Height; 2:3 ratio for vertical pins (recommended)
- Board image size: 222 x 150 pixels
5. Instagram Image Sizes
Instagram is a widely used photo and video sharing social media platform owned by Facebook. Millions of creators are using Instagram to promote their work. Instagram profiles don’t have a cover and the best way to make your profile stand out on Instagram is by sharing pictures based on a posting grid or a single image using multiple posts.
The Cheat Sheet for Instagram Image sizes is as follows:
- Profile photo size: 110 x 110 pixels
- Photo size: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Photo thumbnail: 161 x 161 pixels
- Appear on the home page at 110 x 110 pixels
6. Tumblr Image Sizes
Tumblr is a Microblogging and a Social Networking website. The users can either post multimedia or small blogs. The file size limit is 10mb and it accepts file formats such as JPG, GIF, PNG or BMP. Animated GIFs can also be used and the size limit is 1 MB and max at 500 pixels. You can maximize your reach on Tumblr by optimizing your images on the Tumblr banner size.
The Cheat Sheet for Tumblr Image sizes is as follows:
- Profile photo size: 128 x 128 pixels
- Image post: 500 x 750 pixels
7. YouTube Image Sizes
YouTube is a widely used Video based platform owned and operated by Google. Almost one-third of people on the internet are YouTube users. Users on YouTube can share videos through their Channel which can only be made if you have a Google account. You can watch videos on those channels and get to know about the channel.
You can stand out on YouTube by posting an attractive channel cover image and a relatable channel Icon.
The Cheat Sheet for YouTube Image sizes is as follows:
- Channel cover photo: 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Channel icon: 800 x 800 pixels
- Video uploads: 16:9 ratio
With the fixed ratio, you can upload your video in various resolutions such as;
- 4K – 3840 x 2160 pixels
- 2K –2560 x 1440 pixels
- 1080p (HD) – 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 720p (HD) – 1280 x 720 pixels
- 480p –854 x 480 pixels
- 360p –640 x 360 pixels
- 240p –426 x 240 pixels
- 144p –256 x 144 pixels
Well, now you have the entire social media image sizes cheat sheet for your reference. Don’t forget to share this to someone you think might benefit from our cheat sheet!