Designing the ideal logo which represents your brand flawlessly is tasking and time consuming. But when your finally design it just how you imagined; that feeling is incredible.
The only thing which tops off that feeling is, showcasing that logo to the outside world.
This, however, can take up a lot of essential resources which were reserved for other important brand identity elements. i.e. advertisement, promotions, sponsors, etc. Which is not a good start for the marketing department.
Hence, the easiest way to show off your brand-new logo is by including it your email structures. It takes no extra cost at all and your emails look more professional.
However, incorporating your logo into the email structure has a major downside, people don’t have the required amount of focus on the logo as you want them to.
This is where business cards come in. The ideal medium of brand promotion and recognition. Business cards are the traditional means of information exchange plus they are super portable.
Moreover, you can get these business cards designed for a relatively cheaper price when compared to other brand promotion mediums. Hence, business cards are the ideal medium for promoting your brand-new logo design.
How To Add Your Brand Logo To The Business Card?
The cheapest means of incorporating your design on a business card is by using premade templates. Microsoft and Apple’s word programs have a feature where the user can select from a variety of business card templates and edit them.
This method should be your go to if you are on a tight budget and want to promote your brand logo effectively at a cheap price.
Let us go through some steps required for incorporating your brand logo on any premade business card template available on both of these programs.
- Create your logo: We all guessed this one. The first step is to create a logo for your brand. You can either get one designed professionally or try out our free logo design tool for designing one yourself.
Once you have the design ready, make sure it is in .JPG or .PNG format for better use.
- Open a new document: Going back to the basics here, the first step is to open a new document by selecting business cards from the templates available in word. .JPG formats work better with white backgrounds and .PNG formats look better with colored ones.
Once you have made that choice, combining different elements will become easier. Majority of the business card templates on Word have an already existing icon on them. To remove that default icon, simply click on it and hit delete. Doing this will vacate that space for your logo design.
- Find your logo file: The next step involves browsing your computer for the design and for doing the same, click on the insert menu and choose insert picture from file.
Now simply navigate to wherever the file is saved on your device, select it, and hit insert. Doing this will place your logo’s image on the word document.
- Adjust the logo accordingly: Placing the design on the word document is not enough as it is not in the required size for your business card. For resizing the logo, simply click on it and drag one of its corners to change the size.
You can now shrink the logo in order to fit it inside your business card. However, do not expand it more than its standard size as it may cause pixilation when printed.
When you have the desired size, simply place it in the spot where the default icon was.
- Add information: The most essential part of a business card.
This step required you to add all the necessary business information on the business card. It may include your name/ brand name, address, contact information, etc.
- Print your business card: Once the softcopy of your business card is finalized, you can go ahead and print it for use. For optimum results, use light card stock or perforated business card stock for printing them.
- Make sure that the template you’ve chosen aligns with the perforations in the card stock. Once everything is set and done, hit print.
This is how you can incorporate your brand-new design into a business card by using premade templates on Microsoft Word. However, if you are a mac user and you don’t have access to Microsoft Word, do not worry, we got you covered.
Majority of the steps involved in both the programs are the same with a few exceptions. We will try to incorporate all of them in the following steps in order to make the experience hassle free for you.
- Create a Logo: Just like on Windows, the first step requires you to have a design ready to be used in .JPG or .PNG formats.
- Find your logo file: Open a new document by clicking New and choose any business card template you like. Just like in Windows, .PNG file works fine with any background and .JPG looks good on white backgrounds only.
The reason behind this is, that .PNG has a transparent background and can be used with any background regardless of its color. Whereas, .JPG has a white background and will look odd when used with any backgrounds other than white.
Once the file is located and is ready to be used, simple remove the default icon from the template just like in windows to make space for your logo.
- Adding the logo: To add it to the business card, simply grab it from the folder/ desktop and drag and drop it into the document. Doing this will place the logo onto your document all you have to do now is to resize it accordingly.
For altering the size of the logo, simply click on it and drag one of the corners to the middle in order to make it smaller. Again, making it bigger is not recommended because it will make the it pixilated when printed.
- Add required information: Include the necessary information on your business card just like in windows.
- Printing the card: Before printing, make sure that you are using light card stock loaded in the printer. After getting everything in order and crosschecking if everything aligns, hit print, and flaunt your brand-new design.
In conclusion, incorporating designs into your business card is as simple as making a new document and placing your logo onto the card. However, if you are looking to take the professional route for making either the design or the business card itself, consider availing services from Designfier.
Talking about designs and business card designs, crowdsourcing is the most hyped phenomenon in the design world right now. Logo design contests should be your go to if you want to save time and money while designing an outstanding logo for your brand.
Designfier can assist you with organizing these logo design contests at an astonishing price for the services they provide. For a revolutionary price of just $99 (logo design contest) and $149 (business card design), you can ideally design a bright future for your brand.
The company caters with designing needs for all brand identity elements. Hence, you can never go wrong with choosing Designfier. Let the professionals do the heavy lifting your you